Kissing Frogs

Kissing Frogs

Monday 9 September 2013

Mr Fake

                                                 

Location: The City
Duration: Overnight
Drinks: 5 double vodkas, 2 mojitos, 2 glasses of rosé (on an empty stomach)
Compatibility: 7

I am still seething about this 'date'..... I'm hoping Karma visits this guy sooner rather than later. 

About 4 weeks ago me and friend were introduced to Tinder. A superficial dating app that allows you to see eligible (I use this term very loosely...) men in your location and if you both 'like' each other a messaging option appears. My friend met a guy on here that she was messaging for about 3 weeks before they agreed to meet....to cut a long story short, Oz stood her up the first time (and when SHE contacted him, made some lame excuse about a relative being in hospital). She quite liked him so agonised for days over whether to contact him (I'm very much of the theory if a guy wants to speak to you, he will). Eventually she did and they arranged to meet that week. During this time,I had seen a picture of his mate and he of me and somehow it ended up that we were both joining as wingmen to make it a double date. 
I tend to go for the older guy, so when my friend told me this one was 26 I was a little sceptical but thought 'what's the harm'?! (I wish my future self could have screamed 'Don't do it!!!'- hindsight is a wonderful thing eh?!). Both of us made our way to a bar in Liverpool Street and started to drink ourselves into oblivion. At 7.30 (the time Oz was meant to be meeting her) he called to say he would be late...she got a similar call or text 3 more times until a call at 9.30 telling us to meet them where they were (excuse me?!) So convinced was I that she was as appalled as I was, I'd already started walking off to the bar to get us another drink, till I hear 'sure we'll be there soon' (sorry, what?!) I agreed on the premiss that I was there as support.....so, fast forward through the evening. They were both actually really funny and we ended up having a good night and both of us got some cheeky kisses throughout the evening with 'Joe' being very tactile.  However, I didn't have any intention of seeing 'Joe' again but my friend really liked Oz so the next day was eagerly awaiting contact. In the meantime however she did a little FB stalking (come on, who doesn't indulge every so often?!)......it turns out 'Joe' was Oz's little cousin called Liam who is happily attached to his hairdresser girlfriend. Someone really needs to let this girl know what her boyf gets up to with his cousin on Friday nights. I think I really need a blow dry at a certain salon in Essex........

No comments:

Post a Comment