Kissing Frogs

Kissing Frogs

Friday 23 August 2013

Mr Married


Location: Everywhere
Duration: 2 years
Drinks: Too many to count
Compatibility 9/10

Ok, so I’m not proud to admit this one…but he was (and probably still is sadly) the love of my life. I met him at work and getting together with him after one Christmas party was completely unexpected (on my part anyway – he later told me he’d been trying to get me for months…). It was at a time in my life where I had, had a couple of brief boyfriends who turned out to be wastes of space (1 got a 16 year old pregnant while we were together and the other a compulsive liar). So you could say I wasn’t in the best frame of mind when we got together. It was an exciting, passionate and all-consuming affair where I fell more and more in love with him while trying to convince myself and my friends that it was ‘just a bit of fun’. We had such amazing times and I cared for him deeply but I was the one who ended up breaking things off with him as I felt I couldn’t meet anyone else while my head and heart was still firmly with him. A year on it’s a lot better, however I still need to keep telling myself that what we had was perfect because it was a fantasy and a fantasy because it was perfect. Could I actually imagine my life if he left his wife for me? Constantly wondering where he was, checking his phone and emails and distrusting everything he told me – that’s no life. And sadly the one his wife is currently living (I’m not the first person he has had an affair with and will certainly not be the last). Affairs are soul destroying, strength zapping, empty relationships. There are a number of women out there who class themselves as ‘Serial Mistresses’. I don't know how they do it - I can honestly say that I will never knowingly enter into a relationship with a married man again.

No comments:

Post a Comment